Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 12 - DNA , Natural Polymers and Proteins

          Natural polymers relate in a lot of ways to my life.  Some of the natural polymers are essential for life; such as proteins and nucleic acids.  There are other natural polymers besides essential life requirements.  Cellulose for instance, paper and its use has roots in ancient history, thank goodness someone figured out how to make paper or else a lot of wonderful history may not have been recorded, especially large, detailed works.  Natural rubber led to our synthetic version today, wow, remarkable how one item can change forever the way we live, work and transport ourselves along with so many other applications.
          Thinking about the final, I can honestly say that one part of me is so giddy for this semester to over with, while the other side is saying, “So how am I suppose to do this without being able to use any sources?”  So of course I am worried, who wouldn’t be?  I am just looking toward that light at the end of the tunnel.
          So far what we have covered sometimes seems that there is no rhyme or reason for the order but I am sure there is a reason the chapters and lessons were covered the way they were.  I can speculate that we started with basic chemistry with the spices, we moved to salt, etc., each is a bigger jump that the previous and all culminate together to explain our world and the chemistry that made it all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment